20 August 2009

Deserts?

Hello! Wow writing this in the 30 minute library limit is going to be today's challenge.


Now that I've been in the state of Washington, the terrain has quickly been changing. My days have now consisted of big ascents followed by big descents as I go through the Cascades.


It's also gotten hotter, with the temperature in the Fahrenheit 90's.


Four thousand feet higher, it was a bit painful, but beautiful, and honestly, I like the heat.


The towns now have a Westerny feel to them, with saloon doors and the lot.


To beat the heat this morning, we started out early in the morning, waking at 5.


The ascent was less tough than the climb yesterday, and the cooler air made it a lot more painless.


Jay took pictures of me today! I was very happy. This is me on a descent after a sweltering climb.


The towns are little oases in vast drylands. The mountains were misty in smoke today (and yesterday) as there were reports of forest fires in Canada.


The homestretch into Omak, Washington, where I'm writing now!

Who knew that Washington had deserts...

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment