28 June 2009

Second day in New York

In Boonville, New York right now!

So I heard that a few of my readers are family of some of my fellow Bike and Builders. How sweet of you all to join me! Now that I know this, this doesn't mean I won't stop bombarding you with pictures of ME, but I'll make sure to post more pictures of the others.

I'll start off by showing some I chose not to include in my past posts:
Jason and Physnick enjoying some New Hampshire ice cream.


One of our morning route meetings, where we go over the general plan for the day's travels.


A group picture of all of us. Jay looks ginormous.


So, today.
Today was pretty long (70 miles?). Luckily, no rain today (not the same story yesterday).

These past few days, I think the most amazing things I've seen would be being able to see the edges of the clouds' shadows and racing down the road to meet the edge, after which the whole world goes from cloudy and darker to clear and sunny. Maybe not that interesting, but I thought it was pretty awesome.

Someone even saw a bear on the road today. Wow.

We had an early, 10:40 am lunch because our leader Rachel found this beautiful place for us to take our break. It's a lake. One of at least eight, in fact. It's called "Eighth Lake". I've got something on my chin. Try not to look at it.


So until the point of taking this picture, I couldn't really tell you authoritatively that the Adirondacks were stunning, as most of the time, I was surrounded by some very tall trees through which I could only see glimpses of the surrounding beauty. There was a clearing here, though, and it was pretty rad.



So we were bearing down close to our host location. My legs hurt and I was kinda tired and my palm was sorta numb and I had to go to the bathroom. But then we crossed over this bridge with some beautiful white water underneath, and I had to take the time out to get a picture anyway.


To me, New York means Broadway and restaurants and STERN (heh) and all that stuff but today, I got to some of the other 99.45 percent.

1 comment:

  1. ahh yes. you mean Howard STERN formerly of WXRK in NYC and now on Sirius Radio.

    ReplyDelete