26 June 2009

In Silver Bay, NY

Wow, did not expect to be staying at a place like this. We've got rooms, beds, TOWELS, and internet! These past few days we've had some tough climbs, and I've definitely struggled a bit. From what I hear, there are more challenges in store in the next few days.


We've crossed over from Vermont into New York. First of all, I'm going to be missing Vermont and New Hampshire. Hopefully this is shown from the pictures, but these places are just amazing. I often talk about going to New Zealand to see all the cool places (from Lord of the Rings) but Vermont and New Hampshire took my breath away just as dramatically.


New York does not seem much different yet, but we've only just peeked in.







As I mentioned, there were some tough climbs. If I look like I'm crying in this picture, it's cuz I was pretty freaking close.





Early in the morning, mountains are everywhere. On all sides, I could see these mountains and pastures. Cows and horses, too.





Just beautiful. And the mountains are gorgeous, too.





During an ascent, I took a short break at the scenic overlook. There's Jay in the background. Hi Jay!




Some of us had a short bathroom break in a very cute little town and there was this big chair I saw. It rocked.

Ignore the unphotegenicity and check out those mountains in the back.



We all took a group picture in front of the welcome sign, but I only had this picture I snuck in at the last minute.




So here's where we're staying right now. Sleeping in an actual room.




A view of some chairs. Some family reunions and a wedding rehearsals are going on. Quite a beautiful place.

kay i'm going to go shower with a TOWEL-towel.

1 comment:

  1. you get housing? free/affordable housing every night?? maybe they should all do bike across america instead.

    ReplyDelete