29 June 2009

Palermo, New York, next to Mexico, New York

These past couple days, I've been riding through some of the quaintest of the quaint towns thus far.


This is my bike parked in the parking lot of a Rite Aid in Boonville. Got my camera issues all resolved, so there shouldn't be a shortage of pictures anytime soon. As the photography shop person put it, Boonville was very Norman Rockwell, and looking at this picture now, I can kinda see it, with all the store fronts lined up.


When we get to the host site, in this case the Boonville Methodist church, we all take our shoes and biking shorts off and stretch, as demonstrated by Nick here.


Today, we had a lot of miles to cover. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get any pictures of myself, as today hurt, but the whole scenery can be expressed in a few pictures.

There were a lot of open areas with grass, lined with trees. That was the vast majority of the ride, save for the couple small towns we passed through.


Taking a short stretch/snack/drink break after a tough climb, which you can see in the background.

Early lunch! I was exhausted, and just sat on the grass til I was up for another go at the bike.


Closing in on the home stretch to the church, we mostly coasted down some hills through a lot of green til we got to the church.

Took this about an hour ago. At our host church, we met a few of the parishioners and some of their children brought their bikes for us to take a look at.

Now this post wouldn't be complete without my picture would it? Snapped this just now. It's yours truly using the littlest computer (thanks Ally) on a terrific internet connection (thanks Palermo United Methodist Church).

~T

PS With regards to the title, New York names a bunch of its towns just the most confusing names, including (but not limited to) Poland, Russia (which is actually East of Poland), Jamaica, and Mexico.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks Theo, 2 picutes of Ncik and lots of you to enjoy. Keep biking! I'll look forward to meeting you in Ohio. Mrs. Van Horn (Nck's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I'm a terrible typer too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete