09 July 2009

corn.

Hello hello!

Important announcement: If you're reading this through bikeandbuild.org, go to the full blog at tedandtheo.blogspot.com ! :)

Since we've started heading out into the Midwest, the weather has just been beautiful. Real sunny, and with our biking along the vast coast of Erie, I could easily be convinced I was in Hawaii or the Bahamas. So the big lesson there is, Ohio is just beautiful. Beachfront houses and everything.
There was a cliff we saw on our way from Ashtabula to Avon Lake, gives you a picture of Ohio's natural beauty. There's Nick and Wade in the background doing some exploring.



We passed through a couple cute towns along the way. Stuck at a traffic light for a second so we stole this picture of me in front of the city hall.

The Ohio roads are particularly rough and cracked, but we got a stretch of a lakeside bike path going into Cleveland.

First sight we saw in Cleveland was the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

That's Abby, Sidny, and me against the Cleveland skyline.

Once we got through, we were back along the lakeside. That lake seriously looks like an ocean.



When we got to our host church, we (Angel and I) were greeted by this very sweet sign. They threw a huge potluck for us, and we ate with about a hundred people from the congregation. I don't think I've seen so much great food in my life. ALSO, I got to meet my faithful readers, Eric and Kathi. I wish I had more time to speak with you both, but it was nice to meet you nonetheless.


So that day, the church arranged for us to go home with families to sleep in a REAL BED! Angel and I stayed with the wonderful Adams family (who may be reading, thank you so much for everything!). They took us to see the sunset at the beach and eat ice cream. It was beautiful.

This beautiful. (There's Jay, Kat, and Rachel.) Later, our hosts made a campfire for us and we made s'mores and lit some fireworks.



~~~~Yesterday! Going from Avon Lake to Bowling Green.

Our next stop was Bowling Green, Ohio. There were fields of grain and corn all along the way. Even after 9 hours of coasting through the flatlands, I didn't get bored of all the vast beauty.


Saw RUTHERFORD B. HAYES's home. Right there. Behind me.

More fields, and another picture of ME.

~~~
TODAY: From Bowling Green, Ohio to Camden, Michigan!
Had some smoother roads, and less traffic.



We passed by some wind turbines. I never knew they were so huge.

CORN.

Took a little seesaw break. It was a joyous time.

Today, we broke the border of Michigan. There's Wade at the top, again.

These signs just make the arrival. Pretty much means a fantastic host (oh they are!).

~T

4 comments:

  1. awww....i'm swelling w/midwest pride right now. haha. do you take the pictures of yourself while riding? seems like that would require mad skills, so it's okay if you don't. hahahaha....told you i'd leave random annoying comments...i have to choose a profile? what does that mean???

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened to you hair? you should have done a pictorialssay (picture editorial essay) on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could see the cool things you're seeing, but I know I'm not fit enough to handle those long rides.
    dude, I didn't realize you're so jacked :)

    ReplyDelete