21 July 2009

Twin Cities

Hello everyone! I am currently at the home of a host who has so graciously offered up his Internet and computer for my use as much as I'd like. I have spent a lot of time backing up my pictures and videos and such.

Today's ride from Pepin to St. Paul began as a toughie.

A resident of St. Paul biked down to Pepin yesterday to meet us and guide us into St. Paul. From this picture, you see him (Mark) drafting behind Jay. You can also see some heavy clouds which would later just lay down some serious rain. With the inclines and the water, today was one of the hardest days. After lunch however, things brightened up in the sky and it was great biking weather.

We even saw a bald eagle. Perhaps even you could if my camera had some stronger zoomage. But in person, I could see it real clearly. Wow. This picture might be better.


This is on our ride into St. Paul. Another excellent biking city, with many beautiful bike paths.


Same city, this time with ME!



There was a lot of art just laying around in the city, including this statue.


There was also a huge hill (you can see in the background) which I could definitely not traverse on bike had this been before the trip.


But we finished it! (And these photos greatly understate how steep I perceived the incline to be..)


And what a view!


Finishing off our route, we had to wait for some geese to cross the road.


So, not much to write in this post, as it's been only a day. Tomorrow, we have our very first free day to explore the Twin Cities. Perhaps I'll have more to tell next time!

Today, I'll leave you with a video I'd mentioned before, the marshmallow dance party:

2 comments:

  1. Theo, your adventure has been amazing!

    Keep it up! God be with you in thw ehole trip :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I'm unbelievably happy for you right now.

    Even compared to my best friends who are backpacking through China, your trip sounds by far the most rewarding.

    ReplyDelete